Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Burmese New Year // Summer Learning Journey, Day 5 /Post 2

Burmese New Year!
Every year, I celebrate Burmese new year with my family and other Burmese people!


I have to wake up really early because I have to dance! I have been dancing
Burmese since I was 4 or 3. When I’m done getting in my Burmese outfit, I go
in the car and drive to the place where the celebration is. Lots of Burmese people around
New Zealand come here. I go to my friends and we just talk about stuff. People dance,
sing and you sometimes get money!


When, it was my team’s turn to dance, I waited anxiously for the
performance before us to finish. Finally, it was done and I felt so nervous. My team and I
went on stage and started performing. I danced and tried to remember the move coming
next. Some people came up the stage to give us money and these flower necklaces. Soon
after, we were done.


After, two performance was done it was time to eat. Everyone lined up and one by one
everyone got their food. I had noodles, chicken, rice and a different type of noodle. My
friends and I just talked while eating. For dessert, I had these little white balls wrapped
around a sugar cube, it was delicious. We watched some performances that already
performed while eating because some people came late and didn’t see the first
performances. Finally, it was time for the water fight. Every year, we have a water fight
because it's a tradition. I got really wet but some people were totally covered in water.

Next year, I probably won't be dancing but at least I had fun and I am really excited
seeing the new performances next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment