Pages

Thursday 28 March 2019

Hello (again) Chanel

Hey Chanel, this term we have been learning about endangered animals... so we decided to make a clay sculpture out of an endangered animal. First, we did some research about the animal we chose. I picked the Sumatran Elephant! I had to learn about their, habitat, food, calf's, predators and I also had to do a poster with 10 facts about it.

Then it was time to create the clay. I rolled, mold, stacked and added all the pieces of the clay together to make it transform into my animal. It was really fun to create it. Then we also made a diorama of the animal's habitat. I painted bushes, mountains, trees and more. We got rocks, sticks from the real world to make it look more natural. Have you ever made a diorama before?

No comments:

Post a Comment