Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2018

My Trip to Te Oro // Summer Learning Journey, Day 10 /Post 2

On Wednesday 4th of July, some kids from Glen Taylor school had a trip to Te Oro. We were splitted in
3 groups with another school, so some of us made the same things and some of us made different things.
Now let me tell you what happened!


First of all, we had to walk there and I thought it was gonna be exhausting but I actually still had lots of
energy in me. When we got there, we went inside and waited for the other school. Finally they got here,
so we went inside this room where people greeted us and sang a waita. They introduced themselves one
by one and they told us their name, their mum and dad’s name and something they like to do. Soon after
we got splitted in 3 groups. One group made pet rocks another made these paintings of waters and my
group made flax necklace,

Firstly everyone in my group had to say their name and what they like to eat. Later my group splitted into
2 groups so that it's easier for everyone to learn how to make a flax necklace. The teacher showed us the
first steps and on the 3rd step I needed help but luckily Mrs Helena helped me. My friends helped me and
I really liked how it looked at the end. I decided to make another one for my brother, so I quickly made one.
Unfortunately I didn’t have time to make a 3rd one. We learnt a song about matariki and the actions were
basically how you do the macarena.


At the end we all sat down on the mat and group by group they told us what they did. The first group was
the one that painted a ocean. The people that were talking about what they did were kinda nervous but
they still said everything. The next group was the ones that made pet rocks. They talked about how they
learnt a story about this girl and  how they had ideas of the designs for their pet rocks. Then it was my
teams turn. We talked about what we did and why you don’t pick the baby flax. When it was almost the
end of the trip we all sang the matariki song with the actions and we kept going faster and faster.

That was my trip to Te Oro! I had so much fun and I was treated kindly so much! Would you ever want
to make star flax necklaces? Because I know I still want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment