Pages

Monday 24 June 2019

The Animal In Me

The Animal In Me


There is a creature inside of me,
It swifts and scratches at the door of my mind
It’s sly when they see their prey
It screams when it’s feeling vicious


There is an animal inside of me,
It howls at the walls of my heart
It keeps trying to attack
When I am alone, the beast inside of me will feel
lonely and fed up


There is an animal inside me,
When I am with my friends it tries to pounce around
I am a fox
It is like a werewolf fighting to get out
It tricks you and sobs


There is an animal inside me,
Its body is covered with fur
Its eyes are shimmery
It just won’t leave me alone,
Will I ever be free of this animal in me?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, my name is Rosanna and I am a student in Room 12 at Mangapapa School. I really like your animal inside me piece of writing. It made me think of when I see a dog or a cat and the animal inside me wants to run over and pat it even if it is a vicious rottweiler. Have you thought about telling the readers of your blog what your animal inside you thinks is its prey? If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://rosannaslearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete