Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey! Activity 1: The First Settlers


3 facts that I have learnt about the legend:
1. Maui's brothers didn't want to let him fish with them , so they would always make excuses to not let Maui fishing with them.
2. People said they were greedy brothers , because they were arguing about what part of the fish were theirs.
3. Maui caught the big fish and that the legend of Maui fishing up Aotearoa might be true.
What other stories have you heard about Maui? How Maui Slowed the Sun , How Maui defied the Goddess of Death.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Wint and welcome to the Summer Learning Journey programme! I can see that you are already on Day #3. That's awesome. Way to go!

    I particularly liked this first post that you provided because you taught me brand new things about Maui that I didn't know before. For example, I had never heard of the book titled 'How Maui Defied the Goddess of Death.' Have you read it?

    My son, Aronui, loves to read and he is particularly fascinated with Maori mythology because he is half-Maori. His name, too, comes from a special Maori myth. It means 'great understanding.' Do you happen to know what your name means? Does it have special significance?

    I hope that you have enjoyed learning about Maui and that you will continue to learn and to share your great learning with us this summer. I can't wait to read your next post!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete